Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Discovered Treasure - Week 42


There’s been so much about this past week that was enjoyed. It was a week connected and as I move into the last nine weeks of this project I ask that the Lord continue to reveal Himself mightily so I may write about His movement and give honor to His name. With a week like this one past, it’s hard to deny the power of God and describe all the ways He interacts with His children. There’s been prayers answered and conversations had that have humbled me to His majesty. For this I give praise to the witnessing that I am allowed to have.
 In my own answered prayers, I finally got the dreams that I have been asking for. Though they were just as confusing as not having any, I did get to thank God for blessing me. They weren’t revelatory by any means nor did they give me wisdom on the clarity I’m still looking for, but they did come, and they were remembered. What’s funny about them is that I knew they were coming. I knew that as soon as I wrote about the disappointment I had in not receiving them and as soon as I changed a part of my lifestyle, that they would come, and they did! God is so good in that way. When He says wait for me, He means it. When He says He will do something, those words do not return void, and it’s in those words that we have the option to draw closer to Him.
Certainly I could have chalked up my absence of dreams to the Lord not answering prayers. I could have given up on asking because after a month I felt as if there was still no movement. I could have put my faith on a shelf to carry on living in a way that disregards acknowledging Christ and all that He is doing, but I decided on the opposite. I changed my actions in a way that I knew to be beneficial to my heart and was given an answer to my call. I put my selfishness on pause and momentarily gave up things that I knew were taking away from His Spirit in me. I spent more time in His Word and more time in conversation only to have the fruits of that time bloom. While it’s true that I may have got apples instead of oranges, the fruit was still present, and it tasted just as sweet.
 In other answered prayers, there was a day this past week that was really bad in the office at work. It started off on very bad note and my boss was in an extremely grumpy way. Thankfully, our new office mate asked if I had any Christian music that I could put on and instead of playing the usual disguised tunes I played some clearly evident worship music. It took no longer than an hour and before those sixty minutes had passed, it was if my boss had forgotten all about the terrible mood he was in. Inviting Holy Spirit into that office, He changed the atmosphere. He made His presence known and calmed the stormy tempers of our workplace. To see Christ work that fast was amazing and to think that in the simplicity of music our Lord ministered to the hearts in that room is astounding but He didn’t stop there.
Along with these answered prayers, I’ve committed daily time to pray for a friend overseas on a mission trip. While I am not directly there and have no way of altering any outcome of their trip, Jesus sure does, and I believe He has heard my intercessory requests. In their already short time there, five people have dedicated their lives to Jesus and three more have been healed from ailments that have affected their lives. Praise God indeed! How wonderful it is that our Father is touching the lives of many, opening the eyes of those who were once blind, and strengthening the trust, love, and desire for relationship with those who already know Him. Hallelujah, amen! More Lord please!
Not only did I get to see and be apart of many answered prayers this past week but I also got to hear of God working outside my immediate world as well. I’ve heard of people feeling sad, worthless, and unappreciated, pouring out their heart in turmoil, who were blessed by the Lord the very next day. I heard of unknowing prayers over people that allowed for forgiveness. I’ve been blessed by others sharing with me how they saw the Lord move so powerfully in the last month of their life that they had trouble describing the truth of it all because the instance was so magnificent. What a week it’s been and how easily I’ve forgotten.
Though I’ve managed to write about some really cool stuff this week I almost left out the part about my workplace being calmed by Christ because it escaped my mind. I nearly passed over the forgiveness I heard about and feel ridiculous because I know there’s more I can’t recall at this time. What a shame I feel for how feeble we are and how quickly we dismiss the blessings of God. I ask that we be tenacious in our remembrance and quick to share even the little things of glory. For it’s in these little things that one might believe and it’s in these little things that He works heavily.  

Lord please continue to open our eyes and give us lips of praise. May You strengthen our minds so that we can recall Your constant goodness and fill us with joy through Your Spirit. God I thank you for all that has happened this week and am hopeful for what’s more to come. Jesus if You will, kindly provide us with an increase of wonder, soften our hearts to the truth of Your name, and lead us to opportunities that allow more witness to Your beauty. In Your name I pray God. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment